PLEASE NOTE: As of January 12, 2022, students in our 2-year professional training programs will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, as defined by the CDC, prior to the start of classes.
On the campus
- Students, faculty and staff will be required to complete a quick health and COVID-19 exposure survey prior to entry to campus each day, including temperature check and response to questions.
- Plastic dividers and floor markings indicating proper distancing in common areas will be added to the campus as necessary.
- All commonly touched campus surfaces will be cleaned with bleach dilution twice daily.
- Mini market and vending machine areas will be supplied with disposable gloves for use when opening coolers and using self-checkout keypads.
- Campus windows will be open as much as possible to maximize fresh air flow.
- Classes not requiring students to work collaboratively, i.e. Film Genres, may be taught online to relieve crowding on campus.
- Hand sanitizer stations will be placed outside each studio and classroom.
- HVAC will use HEPA filters, and additional HEPA filters will be placed in classes without windows.
- Visitors to campus and alumni use of facilities will be suspended until further notice to minimize additional exposure for students.
in the event of covid-19 cases among the student population
- If exposed students are sharing a room or suite in our residence, they will be moved to isolated housing.
- New York Department of Health will conduct testing of student and contact tracing. We will follow DOH instructions on quarantine of affected students.
- Students forced to quarantine will be able to join online classwork to keep up with their courses.
- NYCDA policy requires Student Services to follow up with students who are absent from class, to keep in close contact with student and parents when a student falls ill, and to arrange for transportation and accompany students to the ER if they need to go.