COVID-19 Community Guide
Safe Campus Is Our Goal
The New York Conservatory is offering a fully in‑person student experience. We require students to be fully vaccinated two weeks before class start.
NYCDA will accept medical exemptions only. If you wish to request an exemption, please download and complete this form.
Summer 2022 Degree and Intensive Programs: Students moving into an NYCDA third-party housing provider will be required to provide a negative rapid test taken within 48 hours of move in. Commuter students will be required to provide a negative rapid test taken within 48 hours of Orientation.
Students, faculty and staff must have received either the second vaccination of a two-part vaccine that is approved by the FDA or the WHO, or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine no later than two weeks before the first day of classes. For students, proof of vaccination will be collected by the Admissions Advisors for incoming freshmen, or by Student Services for continuing students.
Incoming international students who are unable to obtain a U.S. approved vaccine in their home country may be eligible to move into the Student Residence before their scheduled move-in date in order to obtain the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine in New York City prior to the deadline for class start. Please reach out to Elaine Capella, Director of International Admissions, if you would like to discuss this accommodation.
On the campus
Campus policies are updated regularly to maintain compliance with New York Department of Health requirements. Please check back frequently for updated protocols.
- All students, faculty and staff will be required to complete a quick health survey prior to entry to campus each day.
- Students in class will follow current social distance protocols.
- Approved high-filtration face masks will be worn properly by all persons on campus. (The school will make masks available to students who do not have them.) Click here for NYC mask requirements.
- All commonly touched campus surfaces will be sanitized daily.
- Campus windows will be open as much as possible to maximize fresh air flow.
- Hand sanitizer stations are present inside each studio and classroom.
- Water fountains will have been replaced with bottle fillers, and students are encouraged to carry refillable water bottles.
- HVAC system will use HEPA filters, and additional HEPA filters will be placed in classes without windows.
- Visitors to campus (outside of admissions events) and alumni use of facilities will be suspended until further notice to minimize additional exposure for students.
in the event of covid-19 cases among the student population
- We will follow CDC and NY DOH instructions on quarantine of affected students.
- Students forced to quarantine will be provided resources to keep up with their courses.
- NYCDA policy requires Student Services to follow up with students who are absent from class, to keep in close contact with student and parents when a student falls ill, and to arrange for transportation and accompany students to the ER if they need to go.