The New York Conservatory welcomes many international students each year.

Admissions counselors are available to help complete the F1 visa process, and closely steward international students through the process of applying and completing all necessary paperwork.

The supportive environment at the school and residence dorms help each student settle into life in New York City. The Conservatory pairs each international student with an American student mentor to help acclimate to U.S. and New York City culture.

Evening courses in accent reduction are available on demand.

Our international students speak:

In addition to the items listed on the Film & Television Performance Program application page, international students will need to provide:

Proof of English Language Proficiency

Students whose first language is not English must provide proof of English language proficiency by providing one of the following:

  • Scores from the TOEFL or its equivalent (IELTS, Cambridge, etc.) Minimum TOEFL scores required of any one test:
  1. iBT (internet-based): Reading – 15, Listening – 22, Speaking – 26, Writing – 17
  2. PBT (paper-based): Reading – 50, Listening – 56, Structure (writing) – 55, TSE Speaking score – 45
  3. CBT (computer-based): Reading – 17, Listening – 22, Structure (writing) – 22, TSE Speaking score – 45
  • Transcript with cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above showing that you studied one academic year at a secondary or post-secondary institution where all course work was taught in English.
  • Under certain circumstances, the successful completion of an admission interview designed to evaluate English language skills will satisfy the English language proficiency requirement.

Form I-20 Issued By The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts

The Conservatory is approved by the Student Exchange and Visitor Program to issue form I-20.

International students must meet all criteria for admission and provide proof that they have sufficient funds to complete the program.

Once you have been accepted to The Conservatory and provided the form I-20 application along with the supporting financial documentation, we will process the I-20 and send it you. You must then apply for a visa at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country of citizenship. (NOTE: Citizens of Canada, Bermuda or residents of certain other islands described in 8 CFR 212.1(a) generally do not need a visa.) In addition to the application materials, international students must provide proof that they hold valid passports.


F1 Student Visa Issued By The U.S. Department of State

Upon receipt of the Form I-20 from NYCDA, you will need to apply for an F-1 student visa by completing the DS-160: Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application and scheduling your visa interview at the U.S. Embassy.